At Covenant Life Ministries, the Word of God, is the ground and guide for educating our children. By the Spirit, we seek to impart the truth of the whole Bible and encourage children to develop a Biblical mindset and a Christian world view.
We want to encourage children to:
– Trust in the promises of God
– Recognize their sinful state
– Respond in repentance and faith in Jesus
– Honor their parents
Finally, we seek to help children see the hand of God at work in the world, and to recognize and use their spiritual gifts for the good of the body of Christ and the world.
It is our desire to come alongside parents in nurturing the faith of their children. Our responsibility is to model and to teach truth in an attitude of frequent prayer.
Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.
1-month to 3-year-olds – Babies are cared for close to the sanctuary so parents can easily check in on their young ones. Our volunteers sooth and pray for the children in their care. Toddlers are encouraged to enjoy time with their peers, while introducing Biblical truths to them through story time and illustration. This classroom is available during all worship services at Covenant Life.
The Club Mates:
4 to 6-year-olds – Our pattern of prayer and instruction continues to develop in this classroom by building a Biblical vocabulary and helping your child see a great God through Bible stories they can understand. The teachings range from Genesis to Revelation, showing Jesus and the story of salvation as the big idea of the entire Bible. This class is available on Sundays at 10:00 a.m. and Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m.
Kidz 4 Christ:
7 to 9-year-olds – In this classroom, children learn about God’s story of redemption in a fresh way through storytelling, arts, and small group interaction with a group of peers their own age, and adult volunteers who help mentor and mature them. This class is available on Sundays at 10:00 a.m. and Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m.
10 to 13-years-olds – This classroom is our most advanced, children are challenged to study the Word directly, to dig into the implications of the work of Jesus, and to consider how to practically apply all that the Bible teaches. The teachings range from Genesis to Revelation, showing Jesus and the story of salvation as the main idea of the entire Bible. This class is available on Sundays at 10:00 a.m. and Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m.
You shall teach [God’s commands] diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. -Deuteronomy 6:7
Our goal for children’s worship is to engage children through song and movement as they learn to worship. Each classroom learns songs about Jesus and sings.
Each week we give the children take-home materials. The goal of these materials is for you to spend time worshipping with your children together as a family at home, while studying the scriptures. These materials are in no way mandatory, but we encourage parents to take advantage of them.
Checking in Your Child
The safety and protection of your child is of utmost importance to us. If your child is 9-years-old or younger, please escort them to their classroom. At each classroom, a teacher or room leader will check-in your child. After the service is complete you are required to pick up your child. Children will not be dismissed without a parent or guardian.
A Safe and Secure Environment
One of our primary goals for our Children’s Ministry is to provide a safe and secure place for your children to learn and play. We do that through several measures, all of which are meant to keep our ministry secure and provide peace of mind for parents.
- We use a check-in/check-out system. At every classroom each child is signed in on a check-in list. You check your children into their classes. When it is time to pick your children up after the service, you must sign them out on the check-in list.
- Usher team members are watchful over the Children’s Ministry classrooms and church property during service. Once the classes have started, no one outside our teaching staff is allowed in the Children’s Ministry area unless they have identification. This includes parents or other family members. Parents who wish to pick up or visit their kids during service must have identification, and get permission from the ushers.
- We have a policy that any child or group of children will never be left alone with a volunteer, under any circumstance. There will always be at least two volunteers with a child or classroom at all times – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Finally, all of our volunteers and teachers have gone through an application, interview, and training process. This includes a background check to provide added security and safety for your children.
We ask that if your children are sick that you not check them into our Children’s Ministry. This is for the health and well being of the other children and our volunteers. If your child has been running high fever within the last 24 hours, or has any signs of chicken-pox or other contagious virus/bacteria, or diarrhea/vomiting, we ask the you keep that child at home. If you choose to bring them with you, then we ask that you keep them with you and that you request seating in our overflow room. Ministry.
We are always seeking additional volunteers to love our little ones. Out of love and concern for the children and youth in our care, all of our volunteers go through an application process which includes a background check. Learn how you can get involved as a volunteer by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing Mothers Room
There is a room, open during all worship services, for mothers and their nursing babies. These rooms have comfortable seating and an audio/video feed of the sermon.
For the latest information and more details about Children’s Ministry you can email your questions to: email@example.com